See our Phone system checklist below:
- What is your investment timeframe? (Do you want to meet immediate needs or future strategic needs?
- What is your budget? (project costs or monthly cost per user)
- Document the existing system (and its strengths and limitations)
- Is your building infrastructure suitable for required phone system
- What are your current broadband connection details?
- What is your current network load and available unused bandwidth?
- What is the ratio of inbound and outbound calls?
- What are the percentages of internal, local, long-distance and international calls each month?
- How many remote and/or mobile users do you have?
- What are your current and future business requirements?
- Define your critical and optional requirements
- Carry out a full cost-benefit analysis
- Look out for hidden costs
- Number of users
- Multiple user phones?
- Line requirement
- Incoming caller ID?
- Voicemail requirement (even for employees without a phone extension)
- Receptionist or automated attendant?
- Direct dial to any extensions?
- Remote working requirement
- Special call handling (e.g. sales) requirement
- Do mobile employees need to receive calls or messages immediately?
- Call monitoring
- Other special functionality required?
- Any third-party applications required?